Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A visit to the Parliament House of Japan

I had the rare pleasure of visiting a member of Japanese Parliament the other day. I was invited by Itokazu Keiko san to discuss on my lecture trip to Okinawa in April. I had Watanabe san and Chiyonobu san from Gakken with me to support me. We had a short conversation on the important topics they want me to talk about in my lecture: Finnish education system and special education in particular. I'm very pleased that they are interested in that! Itokazu san was a charming lady and I look forward to meet her in Okinawa.

After the meeting the busy member of Parliament had to continue her work but her secretary offered us a lunch at the private Parliament cafeteria. They even had a special Parliament's bento meal there! I chose a sushi platter which was delicious.

After the lunch we had a chance to make a short tour around the huge building. Mr. secretary was kind enough to show us around. I was even allowed to take a few pictures...

What an interesting day!

Riikka

No comments: