Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tokyo Olympics 2016?


Before predicting the future Olympic games


the Japanese should study a bit more history and geography.


Nothing to say about the recent history,


but...


Disneyland is in Anaheim, not in Los Angeles - why did they not choose Yokohama Landmark Tower as the symbol of 2016 games?


I do not thing there were any snowmen in Montreal in the middle of the summer. And Brandenburger Gate was still in Berlin, not in Munich.


I do not know about kangaroos in Melbourne...


but there definately are no wolves in Helsinki!


And there was no Disneyland even near Los Angeles in 1932, it was built starting 1954.


And I bet no moose walked the streets of Stockholm in 1912. But in 1908 some buses in London were still horse-drawn and the double decker looked quite different!


And actually 1906 summer games were also held (though they are not recognized).

I have to say I was upset about the wolves in Helsinki, but never thought I would find so many mistakes on the timeline. Graphical design must have been the main aim.

No comments: